School of Ignatian Spirituality
TRAINING IN IGNATIAN SPIRITUALITY & ACCOMPANIMENT
SIS – TRAINING IN IGNATIAN SPIRITUALITY & ACCOMPANIMENT
School of Ignatian Spirituality 2021-2022 Overview
In the last several years there has been a renewed interest among students, pastors, lay leaders and others to experience the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius. It’s our desire to train Ignatian directors to accompany these thirsty pilgrims. Consequently, SIS will once again offer this specialized training in 2021-22. While offering direction to someone making the Ignatian Exercises is similar to offering regular direction, there are distinct differences. This training will cover the skills necessary to accompany someone through the Ignatian Exercises and look at the distinctives of Ignatian Spirituality.
You’ll receive instruction, group direction, and individual supervision to form you as a spiritual director trained in Ignatian spirituality and equipped to accompany others through the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises.
- How to interview a perspective directee and evaluate their readiness for the Exercises
- How to help the directee prepare for the Exercises
- How to navigate the main themes, movements, challenges of each of the ‘Weeks’
- How to evaluate a directee’s readiness to move into the next ‘Week’
- How the types of Ignatian prayer support the work of the Exercises
- How to navigate Ignatius’ Rules of Discernment when helping a directee discern and decide during the Exercises
- Completion of Sustainable Faith’s School of Spiritual Direction 2-year program or a similar program
- Completion of the 19 Annotation of the Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius with a trained Ignatian director
- A minimum of two years and/or 96 hours of offering regular spiritual direction
- Participate in the 4 modules
- Continue receiving and offering spiritual direction
- Complete the required readings + a reflection report on each book
- Complete a 9-month internship: accompany at least 2 people through the Spiritual Exercises
- Receive 4 supervision sessions to debrief your work with others
Dates and Locations
Cohort dates and locations are listed on the Application page.
The cost is $1500. A deposit of $400, due by 31 Mar 2021, will hold your place in the cohort.
Please contact the Program Facilitator: Vicki Wehmeyer [email protected] if you’re interested.
Ignatian Spirituality & Accompaniment Registration Process
- Fill out and submit an application
- You’ll be contacted by Vicki Wehmeyer, the program facilitator
- Once accepted, secure your spot by submitting a $400 deposit.
- Submit application
- Contacted by program facilitator
- A non-refundable deposit