School of Spiritual Direction
SSD – THE SCHOOL OF SPIRITUAL DIRECTION
The School of Spiritual Direction is a 2-year formation and training program toward serving as a spiritual director. We have cohorts in over two dozen American cities, Canada, the UK and Europe. Our goal is to make spiritual direction a normal and widely available form of pastoral care inside and outside churches.
SSD | Year 1 - Overview
Year 1 offers participants an immersive, integrated and robust introduction to the ministry of spiritual direction. Through the combined experience of reading superb literature, engaging in individual and group exercises, paying close attention to one’s life, practicing spiritual disciplines, receiving spiritual direction and offering direction, students move toward competency as spiritual directors.
SSD | Year 2 - Overview
Year 2 is for those who envision spiritual direction as central to their work. It gives participants the opportunity to go through an abbreviated version of the Ignatian Exercises together, gain significant supervised experience in offering direction, delve more fully into the theological underpinnings of spiritual direction and address special topics.
SSD | Registration Process
- Fill out a brief application.
- Have a phone conversation or online meeting with the cohort leader in your desired location.
- Confirm your desire to participate.
- Submit a deposit to secure your spot. (Deposits are refundable until 1 Dec 2020 for cohorts starting in early 2021.)
- Because of Covid-19, check with your cohort leader about the mode of meeting (in-person or online).
Please REGISTER with the green buttons to the right.