School of Contemplative Life
YEAR 2 LOCATIONS & DATES
SCL – YEAR 2 LOCATIONS & DATES
SCL is set up as a two-year experience, but you can commit to Year 1 and Year 2 separately. In committing to either year, you’re saying yes to all four retreats for that year, not just the ones that may interest you more. Each retreat builds slowly upon the other and on the spiritual practices you engage in between retreats. The first four focus heavily on one’s inner work. The last four help one become aware of how the inner work touches the outer world, culminating in a Rule of Life and a stronger sense of mission. All retreats have a consistent rhythm of communal, experiential learning followed by individual communion with God and time to process afterward. We recommend that married couples book separate rooms.
Year 2 - The Second 4 Modules
Module 5 Soul Awareness
Key Practice: Self-examination via the Enneagram
Module 6 Soul Healing
Focus: Inner Healing
Key Practice: Attachment Inventory / Healing Steps
Module 7 Soul Knowing
Key Practice: Clearness Committee / Group Spiritual Direction
Module 8 Soul Making
Focus: Contemplative Activism
Key Practice: Developing a Rule of Life
SCL2 2022 Columbus, OH
Stephen and Susan Vandop
Fri-Sat: Aug 12-13, 2022, Oct 21-22, 2022, Feb 3-4, 2023, May 19-20, 2023
- Commit to the entire year (4 guided retreats)
- Practice the practice – not only at the retreat but more importantly during the interval between retreats
- Read the books – a leisurely pace of approximately 1 book every 2 months
- Write a 1-page reflection prior to each retreat
- Meet with a spiritual director or companion monthly (not required but highly recommended)
- The Year 2 cost is $850. Books, transportation and the quarterly overnights at a retreat center are additional costs.
- Fill out a brief application with the green button to the right.
- Submit a deposit to secure your spot. (Deposits are refundable up until 1 month prior to the start.)
- If social distancing is still required when Fall 2020 cohorts begin, the first module will be held online.